The Harmony in the Air concept was born from Atlanta International Airport’s Entertainment Series. Tagged as “Enjoy the sounds of Southern hospitality,” the series showcases live performances by talented musicians throughout the airport’s concourses on a daily basis. Travellers can share their experiences through the hashtag #ATLSounds.
It was felt that the mood of Ronaldsway airport could be improved and the Harmony in the Air project was conceived. Taking place during National Week (Monday 1st – Sunday 7th July) the project was trialled with 12 performances over the week playing in hourly slots between 9am and 5pm over the course of the day.
The week saw a variety of genres and styles with performances from the following musicians:
· Christa McCartney – Harpist
· Dave Holland – Acoustic guitar and vocals
· John Struthers – Small Pipes
· Ruby Biscoe-Taylor – Ukulele and vocals
· The Field Family – String Quartet
· Owen Williams – Concertina and Flute
· Elizabeth King – Fiddle and acoustic guitar
· Peter Lumb – Classical guitar
· Sheean Prash – Brass Quintet
· Joshua Brown – Saxophone
We also had a list of other interested musicians who would like to perform if the trials were deemed a success.