1. This competition is open to all residents of the Isle of Man aged between 10 and 17.
2. The unveiling of this year’s competition winner will be on 24th January 2020 at 6.30pm and they will hold the title for circa one year.
3. Your entry should comprise up to three poems of your own composition and there is no theme for your poetry, work on any theme is welcomed.
4. The deadline for entries is 15th January 2020. Entries received after the deadline cannot be considered.
5. Please present your work typed in a clear standard font such as Arial or Times, 12 point or if handwritten, very clearly. Do not put your name anywhere on the poems, as these will be reviewed anonymously by the judges.
6. All poems can be performed using your script during the audition, they do not need to be memorised.
7. Selected entrants will be invited to an audition/interview on January 24th at the Henry Bloom Noble Library, 8 Duke Street, Douglas IM1 2AY to perform their poem(s), after which the panel of judges will select the winning entrant. All entrants must be willing to take part in the audition.
8. The winner will be announced at the Launch which is from 6.30pm and also held at the Henry Bloom Noble Library.
9. The winner will retain copyright for the work they submitted as part of their entry and the work they produce as part of their tenure as Youth Bard, but hereby grant future publication in any form, and their name/image to be used in any publicity without further consent.
10. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. By entering the competition you hereby agree to these conditions. The winner must agree to further conditions stipulated by the Manx Bard team, including attending occasional events on Island to promote Manx culture.
12. The Manx Youth Bard must continue to reside in the Isle of Man for their tenure, with no foreseeable plans to move before they have fulfilled their obligations.
13. The Manx Youth Bard will agree to attend the occasional event arranged with sufficient notice, or to otherwise send apologies.
14. The Manx Bard Team retains the right to change these rules as necessary by a team meeting.